19 Apr As if by magic! Taylor Swift reveals her famously curly hair straightened out naturally as she got older – and admits she misses her once-wavy locks
- Taylor, 29, opened up in an interview with Elle magazine about what happened to her bouncy curls over the years
- The Bad Blood singer admitted her hair is now straight and has lost her curl
- Stylist Nunzio Saviano told DailyMail.com that hairs texture can alter due to a change in hormones as people age
- Colorist Sharon Dorram reiterated Nunzio’s point and added Taylor’s hair could gain its natural curl back in later years because of its original texture
- Former first daughter Chelsea Clinton also experienced a loss of her curls
Taylor Swift first entered the music scene was a guitar strapped around her shoulder and curly blonde hair falling wild down her back.
But similar to the disappearance of her old Tennessee twang featured in earlier songs, the 29-year-old’s ringlets have fallen as she has grown older and now models a straight hairdo with bangs.
When speaking to Elle magazine for its April issue, Taylor revealed how her hair completely changed texture and magically straightened out without the need for her to do anything.
‘I learned that your hair can completely change texture,’ Taylor told the publication when reflection on lessons she has learned in the last 29 years.
‘From birth, I had the curliest hair and now it is STRAIGHT.’
Taylor admitted she always wanted her hair to change texture when she was younger. But now that it has, she only hopes for the bouncy curls to make a reappearance.
‘It’s the straight hair I wished for every day in junior high,’ the Bad Blood singer confessed.
‘But just as I was coming to terms with loving my curls, they’ve left me. Please pray for their safe return.’
Speaking to DailyMail.com, master colorist Sharon Dorram at Sharon Dorram Color at Sally Hershberger Salon explained that there could be plenty of reasons why Taylor’s hair has gone through a transformation as she has aged, pointing out her hormones likely played a key role.
‘The culprit of this hair change could be that Taylor’s hormones are changing as she’s getting older,’ the haircare pro explained.
‘Hormones change every seven years and a lot of times the hair texture alters as a result. A more common reason could be the change of her lifestyle. When the hair becomes more porous, due to elements that lead to lack of moisture, it inevitably becomes straighter.
‘We see Taylor flying back and forth for her tours and many projects, and that constant travel and elevation takes a toll on the hair, depleting it of moisture.’